Relaxed Refund & Re-booking Policy by Ethiopian Airlines
This policy is only applicable for Ethiopian airlines Ticket numbers issued on/before March 31,201 with a travel date between 01 March 2020 to 30 April 2021 .
- Date Changes:
- Unlimited changes are permitted free of charge if flight has not started operation or if the flight resumption date is rescheduled by Ethiopian Airlines .
- For Ethiopian operational flights, free change is allowed only once.
- New travel dates can be any date on/before December 31, 2021 (i.e. the whole journey should be completed on or before DEC 31, 2021).
- Any difference in airfare or applicable taxes resulting due to change on booking class & seasonality will need to be paid.
- keep your ticket Open: Original ticket can be kept with an open coupon status per below guidelines:
For tickets issued on or before December 31, 2020
- Both Fully unutilized tickets and/or partially utilized tickets will be valid for travel until 31st December 2021 (i.e. travel date must be on/before 31st December 2021).
- You can reschedule or cancel your booking. Call any of our offices or contact centers to extend your ticket validity.
- We will keep the ticket as open status for travels so that you can rebook it whenever you decide to travel until December 31,2021
- This ticket shall then be accepted at face value/residual value as payment for the new ticket for any date & flight number (not applicable for special flights like Charter flights, Cargo flights operating on passenger aircraft).
For tickets issued on or after 01 January 21
For tickets to be issued after January 01,2021, its validity will be based on per fare rule per system.
3. Voucher: We are no longer issuing travel vouchers, but if you have already exchanged your ticket, EMD for excess baggage, preferred seat, plus grade upgrading fees, for a travel voucher it will be valid for one year from the date
- The validity of the travel voucher for utilization will be one year from the date of issue of the voucher.
- You can use the travel voucher throughout the year for multiple transactions up to its full value.
- If you are unable to use the full value of your travel voucher within 12 months from the date it was issued, you will be entitled to a refund of the unused amount. (the IATA rule for the ticket will also apply for the Voucher).
- Travel vouchers are issued per passenger and are non-transferable.
- Rerouting is permitted by applying the applicable differences in fares, fees and taxes however date change & no-show fees shall not apply per conditions on point 1.
- All other fare rules which was applicable as per date of original ticket issue will apply.
- Terms and Conditions
- For Ethiopian Flights which are currently available, No-show & rebooking fees are only waived once.
- No-show & rebooking fees will not be applicable if flight is suspended or operation resumption date is rescheduled by Ethiopian.
- If there is a difference in the airfare or applicable taxes, due to the reissue/rerouting of the ticket, the additional amount will need to be collected.
- Refunds: Due to significant volume of refund requests and social distancing resulting from the current unprecedented situation, unfortunately processing times for refunds are taking much longer than usual.
- Partially utilized non-refundable tickets are not permitted for refund and will be good for further transportations only. Therefore, options 1, 2 and 4 apply.
- Tickets which has been expired after March 01,2020 (i.e. Partially USED tickets with original ticketed booking during COVID period, Sales on/before DEC31,2020 & Travel from 01MAR20 to Mar 31,2021) will be valid for transportation exceptionally
due to COVID-19 pandemic & subject to the approval of the area manager.
Notwithstanding the above, Ethiopian will fully comply with any specific mandatory local law or regulation that puts a different condition, criteria or rule on air ticket refunds. Please click here to find our worldwide offices contact for further explanations and additional options.