Special Discounted Fare
Discounted fare is available if you are a holder of one of the below documents as proof of residence in Ethiopia or flying your international sector by Ethiopian Airlines.
- ETHIOPIAN PASSPORT
- ETHIOPIAN RENEWED KEBELE ID
- ETHIOPIAN RESIDENT PERMIT
- ETHIOPIAN YELLOW ID
You are also entitled for discounted fares if you fly your international sector by Ethiopian Airlines. Please confirm if you have the below document.
- ETHIOPIAN TICKET FOR INTERNATIONAL SECTOR
It is mandatory that same ID card or proof of traveling international sector by Ethiopian should be presented upon ticketing if payment is made at city/airport offices and at check-in to the airline on demand. Failure to present the required document may result in removal of passenger from the flight list of that particular flight and refund of ticket after penalty deductions.
By clicking 'Continue Booking', you agree and confirm that the above testimony is true and will provide the required document for departure upon check-in.
Take the train to your flight
Do you want to include train segment in your booking?
Ethiopian, in cooperation with Deutsche Bahn, offers its passengers the opportunity to travel with Deutsche Bahn from almost all DB stations in Germany to Frankfurt Airport.
- For rail & fly ticket, rail segment service to/from Frankfurt from any Deutsche Bahn service in Germany, surcharge will be automatically added to your booking.
- Train segment will be included in your itinerary
- Due to technical reasons the journey times stated in your booking are fictitious. Please go to www.bahn.de to check the times of train connections on the actual travel date.
- DB Rail & Fly tickets are only valid in DB trains. Please note that Rail & Fly is not available for multiple stop bookings.
- Rail & Fly must be booked with the booking done for flying; it cannot be added online once the booking is completed.
- Passengers travelling in Business class on Ethiopian flight will be entitled to travel in the 1st class compartment of Deutsche Bahn. While Economy class passengers will travel in the 2nd class compartment.
- In case of rebooking before the train ticket is collected, new pick up number will be generated. Passenger is expected to get the new pick up number from the airline handling agent.
- In case of rebooking after the train ticket has been collected, the ticket needs to be changed at a DB Travel Center at the train station.
- Seat reservations are free on ET flight. You can go to www.bahn.de for seat reservation on Deutsche Bahn (for a fee).
How to get your Rail & Fly train tickets
After completing your online booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail as well as a second e-mail from Ethiopian which is indicating one pickup number per direction, that is two pickup numbers per person for return journeys.
Use these pickup numbers to collect your Rail & Fly train ticket from any DB long-distance ticket machine at your DB departure station. Please ensure that such a long-distance ticket machine can be found at your departure station.
If you have not received an e-mail by Ethiopian Airlines with your pickup numbers, please contact any nearby Ethiopian office or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose your train connections
Due to technical reasons your itinerary is showing fictitious train numbers (starting with 9B), fictitious departure points (QYG) and fictitious times for the train segment. This data is not valid, please contact a DB Travel Center or go to www.bahn.de to check the times of train connections on the actual travel date. Ensure that you are arriving in time at the airport. Please note the check-in times of Ethiopian Airlines at the respective airport and choose a train connection so as to arrive at the check-in desk at least 2 hours before it closes.
Please also consider that train delays might occur. It is solely the responsibility of the passenger to arrive at the airport in time for checking in.
Ethiopian Airlines is not liable for any missed flights due to delayed trains.
Collecting your train ticket
You can pick up your Rail & Fly ticket from any DB long-distance ticket machine as from 72h before your journey begins, so the ticket for your return journey will only be available when you are returning to the airport.
For further information you can contact our reservations department in Germany: +49 69 770 673-052.