New notifications unavailable
Important Notice to Passengers to and from America and Canada
|Weight per piece||32kgs(70Lbs)||23kgs( 50Lbs)|
|Total Dimension (L*W*H)||158cms(62 inches)||158cms(62 inches)|
Any piece in excess of the specified limit above shall be considered as excess and if the weight of the extra baggage or the free baggage allowance is more than 32 kgs (70 Lbs), Ethiopian Airlines will not accept the baggage for carriage. In addition, items packed in carton boxes, plastic bags, and any other poor packing material are not acceptable for carriage.
|Cloud 9||Economy Class|
|Weight per piece||7 kgs (17 Lbs)||7 kgs (17 Lbs)|
|Total Dimension (L*W*H)||115cms (45 inches)||115cms (45 inches)|
Between All International Stations and Domestic Ethiopia if through-checked to the Domestic Station additional USD 20.00 (CAD25.00 – CAD125.00) will apply per PC.
For flights from Washington D.C., Chicago, Newark and New York (JFK) to Addis Ababa and beyond
For flights from Toronto to Addis Ababa
5. USD225.00(CAD290.00-CAD390.00) will apply for each additional piece (bag) weighing up to 23 kgs (50Lbs) on the sectors between all destinations to Toronto or vice versa.
6. USD275.00(CAD355.00-CAD455.00) will apply for each additional piece (bag) weighing up to 23 kgs (50Lbs) on the sector from Toronto to Asmara.
7. For passengers originating from Canada, Toronto the excess baggage rate from origin up to Toronto is already included on the above rate.
8. In Economy Class, when the number of pieces is within the free baggage allowance while the weight of the bags is over 23 kgs but less than 32 kgs (51 – 70Lbs) the excess baggage charge will be USD100.00(CAD129.00-CAD229.00) per each bag.
9. For your own security and the flight’s safety, please do not accept any items from anyone as you will be held responsible and accountable for the contents of any of the items found in your custody. Ensure that your bags remain with you until the time the airline accepts the bags for carriage and also make sure that an object that you don’t know is not placed in the bags.
10. Check-in process at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport will start three hours before the scheduled time of departure. The Economy class counters will be closed one hour before the scheduled time of departure and the Cloud Nine counters will be closed 45 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. Thus, please arrive at the airport before the counters are closed.
We strongly recommend that passengers should arrive at the Washington Dulles Airport 4 hours prior to departure in order to allow ample time for the queuing and security clearance. The airline reserves the right to refuse boarding of any passenger arriving at the check-in counter later than two hours prior to departure even if they have confirmed booking and tickets.
11. As per the customs regulations of the United States of America:
11.1 Any animal meat (except cooked chicken and fish), fruits, vegetables, plants and soil are strictly forbidden to carry into the USA. We would like to give notice to all passengers, that heavy penalty will be imposed on passengers traveling with the above items. However, red-pepper, powder bean, butter, etc... are allowed to be carried, if they are well packed.
11.2 Passengers traveling into or out of the USA with an amount of money or monetary instruments more than USD10,000.00(CAD12,500.00-13,500.00) are required to declare the amount by filling out customs forms designed for this purpose.
12. Ethiopian Airlines will not be liable/responsible for any fines and measures passengers encounter for violating customs regulation(s).
13. Please note that passengers who continue their travel beyond Washington D.C. shall collect their bags, clear customs and pass through security check before going to their connecting flights. Otherwise, the baggage will be left behind until such security clearance is obtained.
14. Please make sure that you have the address and telephone number of the place that you are going to stay. If you don’t provide this information upon check in at the airport and or upon arrival at Washington D.C., you may not be accepted for the flight or your entry into the U.S may be delayed.
For more information, please contact your travel agent or the nearest Ethiopian Airlines ticket office or visit our website www.ethiopianairlines.com
To view the PDF files you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download here free of charge:
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader