Avoid Lengthy Queues by using the Ethiopian Online Check in Feature
Online check-in (Web check-in) is the process in which passengers confirm their travel on a flight via the internet and typically print their own boarding passes.
Online Check-in is available from 72 hours to 2 hours before departure for all international and domestic flights. Confirm your attendance on the flight, select your seat and save valuable time. The only thing a passenger need is a soft copy of the boarding
pass on their smartphone or an internet connection and a printer for the boarding pass.
The passenger is requested to arrive at the gate 30 minutes prior to boarding if he/she has no luggage to drop off. If he/she has baggage to drop off he/she shall arrive at the web check-in counter at least 1 hour before departure for International flights
and 45 minutes before departure for Domestic flight.
Exception: London Heathrow Airport (LHR) and
Manchester Airport (MAN) check-in counters will be closed 75 minutes before departure effective 22 December 2021.
What is required to use web check-in?
Basic requirements for web check-in:
- Passengers must have an electronic ticket.
- Flights must be operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- For web check-in service on code share flights (flights operated by partner airlines), please visit the website of the respective airline.
Steps for Web check-in
- Go to CHECK-IN ONLINE or
click “web check-in” from the quick links section on EthiopianAirlines.com home page to begin web check-in.
- On the “Home” page enter your name as it appears on your ticket (Passenger receipt) and Reservation Locator (PNR) or ticket number and click “Continue”. This will locate your reservation and displays your itinerary.
- The next page shows the “hazardous materials” information. Please read that and confirm if you do carry any of the listed materials, If not please proceed by clicking NO,I’M NOT CARRYING THESE ITEMS.
- On the passenger's page please fill in all the required personal information.
- On the next screen, you can assign a seat (if not assigned before) or change the seat that was assigned to you at the time of booking your flight. If no change is required proceed to the next step by clicking “continue”.
- On the next page you can add Extra baggage on the booking or if not required proceed to the next step by clicking “Continue” and finish the check-in process.
NOTEmake sure that the information you provide here is correct as it may have legal implications.
- Click “Check-In” to finish the process and display your boarding pass
- Have your boarding pass on your smartphone or print your boarding pass and bring it with you to the airport. If you have no baggage to check-in proceed to the boarding gates directly. If you have baggage to check-in please refer to the timing
Web check-in Precautions
Any Problems while online check-in?
- If your flight is less than 2hours to depart, or if it’s more than 72 hours away, you will not be able to check-in online.
- All Ethiopian operated flights are available for online check with the few exceptions listed below. Please make sure that Ethiopian is the operating carrier of the flight that you are trying to check in for and visit partner airlines website
for flights operated by one of our partner airlines.
- The following departure points are temporarily unavailable for online check-in:
- All other ET departure points other than listed above are available for online check-in.
- If you face any other problem during web checking to your flight, click back to return to the previous page or “Home” to begin the check in process from the beginning.
- If you are unable to complete your web check-in and print your boarding pass, YOU HAVE TO APPEAR AT THE AIRPORT AT LEAST 2 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE and talk to the customer service agent at Ethiopian counters.
“Contact Us” if you need any assistance
To Check-in your flight online, please click here: CHECK-IN ONLINE