Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into security restricted areas and in cabin baggage.
Devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used
to cause serious injury by discharging a projectile,
• Firearms of all types, such as pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns,
• Toy guns, replicas and imitation firearms capable of being mistaken for real weapons,
• Component parts of firearms, excluding telescopic sights,
• compressed air and CO2 guns, such as pistols, pellet guns, rifles and ball bearing guns,
• signal flare pistols and starter pistols,
• Bows, cross bows and arrows,
• Harpoon guns and spear guns,
• Slingshots and catapults;
Objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury,
• Items designed for chopping, such as axes, hatchets and cleavers,
• Ice axes and ice picks,
• Razor blades,
• Box cutters,
• Knives with blades of more than 6 cm
• Scissors with blades of more than 6 cm as measured from the fulcrum,
• Martial arts equipment with a sharp point or sharp edge,
• Swords and sabers
• Drills and drill bits, including cordless portable power drills,
• Tools with a blade or a shaft of more than 6 cm capable of use as a weapon,
such as screwdrivers and chisels,
• Saws, including cordless portable power saws,
• bolt guns and nail guns;
Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into security restricted areas and on board an aircraft.
Objects capable of being used to cause serious injury
when used to hit,
• Baseball and softball bats,
• Clubs and batons, such as rackets, billy clubs, blackjacks and night sticks,
• Martial arts equipment;
Devices designed specifically to stun or immobilize,
• Devices for shocking, such as stun guns, tasers and stun batons,
• Animal stunners and animal killers,
• Disabling and incapacitating chemicals, gases and sprays, such as mace, pepper sprays,
capsicum sprays, tear gas, acid sprays and animal repellent sprays;
Explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft,
• Blasting caps,
• Detonators and fuses,
• Replica or imitation explosive devices,
• Mines, grenades and other explosive military stores,
• Fireworks and other pyrotechnics,
• Smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges,
• Dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
Discounted fare is available if you are a holder of one of the below documents as proof of residence in Ethiopia or flying your international sector by Ethiopian Airlines.
You are also entitled for discounted fares if you fly your international sector by Ethiopian Airlines. Please confirm if you have the below document.
It is mandatory that same ID card or proof of traveling international sector by Ethiopian should be presented upon ticketing if payment is made at city/airport offices and at check-in to the airline on demand. Failure to present the required document may result in removal of passenger from the flight list of that particular flight and refund of ticket after penalty deductions.
By clicking 'Continue Booking', you agree and confirm that the above testimony is true and will provide the required document for departure upon check-in.
Ethiopian, in cooperation with Deutsche Bahn, offers its passengers the opportunity to travel with Deutsche Bahn from almost all DB stations in Germany to Frankfurt Airport.
How to get your Rail & Fly train tickets
After completing your online booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail as well as a second e-mail from Ethiopian which is indicating one pickup number per direction, that is two pickup numbers per person for return journeys.
Use these pickup numbers to collect your Rail & Fly train ticket from any DB long-distance ticket machine at your DB departure station. Please ensure that such a long-distance ticket machine can be found at your departure station.
If you have not received an e-mail by Ethiopian Airlines with your pickup numbers, please contact any nearby Ethiopian office or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Due to technical reasons your itinerary is showing fictitious train numbers (starting with 9B), fictitious departure points (QYG) and fictitious times for the train segment. This data is not valid, please contact a DB Travel Center or go to www.bahn.de to check the times of train connections on the actual travel date. Ensure that you are arriving in time at the airport. Please note the check-in times of Ethiopian Airlines at the respective airport and choose a train connection so as to arrive at the check-in desk at least 2 hours before it closes.
Please also consider that train delays might occur. It is solely the responsibility of the passenger to arrive at the airport in time for checking in.
Ethiopian Airlines is not liable for any missed flights due to delayed trains.
You can pick up your Rail & Fly ticket from any DB long-distance ticket machine as from 72h before your journey begins, so the ticket for your return journey will only be available when you are returning to the airport.
For further information you can contact our reservations department in Germany: +49 69 770 673-052.
The transactions made in this website are reached by Law No. 27,541, art. 35, called PAIS Tax - "For an Inclusive and Solidarity Argentina" - which establishes a 30% tax on purchases made on foreign web pages, using credit and / or debit cards issued in Argentina.
Due to the current travel restrictions communicated by the government of State of Kuwait, Ethiopian Airlines does not accept passengers traveling from China to the State of Kuwait until the government restriction is waived.
Due to the current travel restrictions communicated by the government of Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopian Airlines does not accept passengers traveling from China to Republic of Equatorial Guinea until the government restriction is waived.
Due to the current travel restrictions communicated by the government of Republic of Madagascar, Ethiopian Airlines does not accept passengers traveling from China to Republic of Madagascar until the government restriction is waived.
Due to the current travel restrictions communicated by the government of Gabonese Republic, Ethiopian Airlines does not accept passengers traveling from China to Gabonese Republic until the government restriction is waived, except nationals of Gabonese Republic.
Due to the current travel restrictions communicated by the government of Republic of Seychelles, Ethiopian does not accept passengers traveling from China to Republic of Seychelles until the government restriction is waived, except nationals of Republic of Seychelles.