Passport, Visa & Health Requirements
Passport, visa and health requirements vary from country to country. Contact your travel agent or the nearest Ethiopian ticket office for current passport, visa and health requirements of the countries you are planning to travel to.
Many countries require proof of return/onward and sufficient funds for your stay. Please contact the nearest Consulate of the country to which you are traveling to for additional information.
Passengers traveling on Ethiopian Airlines between Vienna and Stockholm who require entry visa to Schengen countries must have a valid multiple Schengen visa. Passengers holding single Schengen visa already used to enter Sweden or another Schengen country cannot travel on Ethiopian Airlines flight between Stockholm and
Vienna. This is necessitated because the flight is operated as transit flight carrying international passengers beyond European airports.
Identification Cards (ID)
Please remember to have your government-issued picture ID card available at all times. Note also that you may be required to present proof of age (such as a birth certificate) at the airport for children whomay be traveling with you.
Customs regulations and procedures that apply to travelers entering or exiting vary from country to country and are changed frequently. Contact your travel agent or the nearest Ethiopian ticket office for current customs regulations of countries you are planning to travel to.
Several countries have restrictions regarding importation of agricultural products. Contact your travel agent or the nearest Ethiopian ticket office for current restrictions on importation and export of agricultural products.
Suggested Arrival Times
To make your trip as enjoyable as possible, please allow enough time for check-in, security screening and boarding.
Due to some lengthy security checkpoint waiting times, earlier arrivals are recommended. We recommend that you check in at least 3 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
Tips for a Comfortable Flight
- For your own comfort try and travel light.
- Wear loose clothing and elasticated stockings made of natural fibre.
- Increase your normal intake of water and only if need be drink alcohol but in moderation.
- Use moisturizing cream to keep your skin from drying out.
- Take off shoes in the plane to prevent your feet from swelling up or wear shoes that will cope with expanding ankles.
- Avoid heavy meals during the flight.
- Short walks once every two hours are excellent for circulation.
- Try to touch your toes when waiting in the aisle to stretch your hamstrings.
- On arrival at your destination, have a hot shower or a relaxing bath.
- On arrival a quick jog, brisk walk, or a vigorous scrub will help stimulate your circulation.
These pages are for informative purposes only and do not form a contract. As such, any information contained within this site is subject to change with or without notice. Ethiopian Airlines assumes no liability for these changes. Ethiopian also reserves the right to interpret and apply these policies and procedures. In each case, Ethiopian’s interpretations and applications shall be final and conclusive.