Check-in at the counter
For personal service, our friendly staffs at our check-in counters at airports we fly to around the world are happy to help you. They make sure that your baggage is checked through to your final destination and give you your boarding pass.
Kiosk check-in Saves time and simplifies the process.Kiosk check-in process has five simple Steps for passengers to proceed to self flight check-in at the airport:
- Locate a kiosk self-service terminal of the airline and select the Ethiopian Airline tab. Choose a language (English or French).
- Find booking: Find the booking in 3 ways (By Destination, Flight Number or Reservation code)
- Confirm that you are not carrying any hazardous material and/or dangerous goods in your checked-in baggage and carry-on baggage as check-in activity shall not be initiated unless the same is confirmed.
- Check-in and add personal details. Choose an available seat from the interactive seat plan or accept the ones suggested. Add any missing personal details like Passport information, frequent traveler number and checked baggage details.
- Issue Boarding pass. The boarding pass will now be printed by the kiosk. There should be a 2D barcode on the boarding pass.
Baggage Check in
Checked Baggage: Passengers are permitted a free checked baggage allowance the limit of which may differ by class and point of origin-destination.
Excess baggage may be carried on payment of applicable charges.
Cabin/Hand Baggage: For business class on all Ethiopian routes you are allowed to carry only two piece of hand baggage with a maximum weight of 7kgs and measuring not more than 20x40x55cms or 8x16x22inches into the cabin.
Please contact your nearest Ethiopian airlines office for more specific information
The time shown on flight coupons is the departure time of the aircraft. In order to perform check-in operations in due time, the passenger is requested to report at the airport check-in counter 2 hours prior to flights departure for all international flight with the following exceptions:
- At Addis Ababa 3hours before the scheduled departure time.
- For flights to/from USA 4hours before the scheduled departure time
Passengers who fail to report within the above time limit should be aware that Ethiopian Airlines reserves the right not to accept passengers who arrive later than 2 hours before the scheduled time of departure.
For night flights departed from Addis Ababa to USA, Canada and Europe check in will be started early during day time starting 13:00 local Ethiopian time.
For Domestic flights, the passenger is requested to report at the airport check-in counter 1 hour prior to scheduled departure. For web checked- in passenger, he/she is requested to arrive at boarding gate 30 minutes before the flight departure, if the passenger has baggage to drop-off he/she shall arrive at the baggage drop-of check in counter 45 minutes before the flight departure.
Furthermore, due to security reason at Addis Ababa airport, local passengers who checked-in for their flights will not be allowed to go out to meet their relatives and friends but must continue immigration process.