Retroactive Mile Registration
Are Your Miles Not Credited? You can still apply for Retroactive Registration.
When Miles are not earned or mile totals are wrong after boarding because prior registration was not completed or for other system related reasons, retroactive registration is possible using the following method.
Applying for Retroactive Registration
- Log on to your ShebaMiles membership account on www.ethiopianairlines.com .
- Visit the Ethiopian Airlines Reservation and Ticket offices
- ShebaMiles Customer Support Telephone Numbers
- Mail to ShebaMiles Service Center (Please mail all documents of confirmation within 6 months of the date of travel.)
Documents that should be referred or enclosed at the time of requesting Retroactive credit
Boarding Pass (original) + Ticket Print + ShebaMiles Membership Number
Members should retain photocopies of these documents for verification purposes.
Membership numbers registered at reservation or check-in will reflect in membership account within 14 days from the date of boarding. Confirm mile registration on the Internet, at an Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Office or through an account statement. Miles not credited within this period should be applied for Retro Active Registration.
Member should apply for Retroactive Credit within 12 months of the date of boarding a flight.
Exception: for flights on Air New Zealand Retroactive Mile Claims should be made within 6 months from the date of boarding a flight.
Mile Registration Period
Ethiopian Airlines Domestic Flight and Ethiopian Airlines International Flights:
Retroactive Credit requests on Ethiopian Airlines Domestic Flight and Ethiopian Airlines International Flights reflect in membership account within 7 to 21 days from the date request is received at any of the Retroactive Registration Contact points.
Service Partner Airlines:
Retroactive Credit requests on ShebaMiles Service Partner Airlines (ASKY and Star Alliance Member Airlines) reflect in membership account within 14 to 30 days from the date request is received at any of the Retroactive Registration Contact points.
Eligibility for Accrual
Conditions described under Mile Accrual Plan of Each Program Applies.
Common precautions for retroactive flight mile registration
- Miles will be accrued in a member account as soon as the Retroactive registration procedure is completed. Ensure to keep the confirmation document.
- There may be cases in which miles are not earned after boarding even if prior registration for mile accrual is complete.
- Retroactive Registration for miles you have earned 90 days before signing up for ShebaMiles membership is possible as long as retroactive mile registration formalities are completed within 12 months.
- Retroactive Registration is not accepted for boarding date that are over 12 months older than the date you have applied for ShebaMiles membership.
- Retroactive registration application is eligible for those who have completed membership procedures.
- Documents mailed to the Retroactive Registration Desk will not be returned. Please send original documents and keep copy of your personal record as necessary.
- Retroactive registration cannot be accepted if even one confirmation document is not received.
- Please confirm your Retroactive Status on the WEB. We cannot individually answer inquiries regarding such matters as accumulation status.
- When applying by mail, postage costs are the responsibility of the customer. Please note that refunds of postal fees cannot be made.
- When applying by mail, only postal mail can be accepted. Document delivery service or parcel delivery service are not acceptable