Established in 2007, RAK Hospital is a flagship brand of Arabian Healthcare, a joint venture company between the government of Ras Al Khaimah, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, and ETA Star Healthcare of Dubai. The hospital is managed by Sonnenhof Swiss Health Ltd, a Switzerland based healthcare company.
RAK Hospital, with international accreditation standards, has established Ras Al Khaimah as a quality healthcare destination in the region and beyond. It was simultaneously accredited by Joint Commission International and Swiss Leading Hospitals within the first year of its operations.
The hospital has been specially designed as a premium healthcare and hospitality complex by the US based architecture firm Ellerbe Becket. The hospital is a visual delight and was rewarded winner of “Best Healing Environment” in 2011 by Hospital Build Awards.
There are a total of 65 beds at present, out of these, 8 are in the Intensive Care Unit, 6 in the nursery and 4 in the NICU. It has, 5 operating theatres, 26 Out Patient Clinics with state-of-the-art accident and emergency services. It also houses a 24-hour pharmacy and European Café.
Rak Hospital Specialties
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit
- Accident and Emergency Department
- Cardiac Surgery
- Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Internal Medicine
- General Practitioner
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Neurosurgery and Spine Center
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pain Management Clinic
- Pediatrics and Neonatology
- Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive
- Radiology and Imaging
Awards and Recognitions
- RAK Hospital Awarded "MRM Business Excellence Award"
- Awarded ‘Superbrand’ status in the UAE for 2014
- Awarded Highly Commended for Best Healing Environment Hospital in the Hospital build Award 2012.
- Re-Accredited by Joint Commission International in November 2011
- Awarded for the Best Healing Environment Hospital at the Hospital Build Awards 2011.
- The Swiss Leading Hospitals Certification. The first hospital in the Middle East to be certified.
- Awarded “Highly Commended for Best External Designed - Built Hospital” at the Hospital Build awards 2009