- Pets (cats and dogs) as defined in current passenger tariffs, when in a container and accompanied by a passenger or shipped as Cargo, may be carried in cabin or baggage compartment.
- Dogs trained to lead the seeing impaired (seeing-eye dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions.
- Dogs trained to assist the deaf (hearing –ear dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions and advance arrangements must be made before accepting hearing ear dog as PETC.
- Guide dogs and for blind and deaf that passengers depend on are transported free of charge on all Ethiopian flights and may also travel inside cabin. Please remember to notify us of your guide dog ahead of time
B. Procedure on carriage of pets
Ethiopian shall accept pets in the cabin on all Ethiopian Q-400 aircrafts.
- Q-400 Aircraft Pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo may be carried in the baggage compartment(s).
- Advance arrangements are required for pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo.
C. Booking Procedure
Detail of the type of pet and size of the container should be indicated during reservation.
D. Condition of Carriage
- Governmental restrictions regarding pet carriage and acceptance vary from country to country. Please contact your nearest Ethiopian Airlines office or your travel agent.
- In the event passenger and pet are making interline connections, the applicable regulation of the interlining carrier should be checked.
- The charge for pet in cabin/baggage compartment will be at excess baggage rates in accordance with current applicable tariffs, regardless of weight of other baggage.
- Owner assumes all risk for injury sickness or death of any pet accepted for transportation, and assumes responsibility for compliance with all governmental regulations and restrictions. Ethiopian will not be responsible in the event that any pet is refused carriage into or through, any state, country or territory.
These pages are for informative purposes only and do not form a contract. As such, any information contained within this site is subject to change with or without notice. Ethiopian Airlines assumes no liability for these changes. Ethiopian also reserves the right to interpret and apply these policies and procedures. In each case, Ethiopian’s interpretations and applications shall be final and conclusive.
Back to Top