1. Pets (cats, dogs)
- Pet(s), are limited to Cats and Dogs. When in a container and accompanied by a passenger or shipped as Cargo, may be carried in cabin/ baggage compartment. Advance arrangement shall be made.
- Dogs trained to lead the seeing impaired (seeing-eye dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions and supported by medical certificate.
- Dogs trained to assist the deaf (hearing-ear dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge and shall also be evidenced by medical certificate. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions and advance arrangements must be made before accepting the hearing ear dog as Pet in cabin (PETC).
B. Procedure on carriage of Pets
Ethiopian accepts DOG or CAT as PETC with limited number per compartment (2 in Y class and 1 in C-9) with dimensions not exceeding 55x40x20 cm and 8 weighing kgs.
1. Jet Aircraft
Ethiopian shall carry pet in the cabin /cargo hold on any Ethiopian’s jet aircraft.
Pet in container accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo may be carried in the baggage compartment.
C. Booking Procedure
Detail of the type of pet and size of the container should be indicated during reservation.
D. Condition of Carriage
- In the event when passenger and pet are making interline connections, the applicable regulation of the interlining carrier should be checked.
- The charge for pet in cabin or baggage compartment will be at excess baggage rate in accordance with applicable current tariffs regardless of weight of other baggage presented by accompanying passenger.
- Owner assumes all risk for injury sickness or death of any pet accepted for transportation, and assumes responsibility for compliant with all governmental regulations and restrictions. Ethiopian will not be responsible in the event that any pet is refused carriage into or through, any state, country or territory.
These pages are for informative purposes only and do not form a contract. As such, any information contained within this site is subject to change with or without notice. Ethiopian Airlines assumes no liability for these changes. Ethiopian also reserves the right to interpret and apply these policies and procedures. In each case, Ethiopian’s interpretations and applications shall be final and conclusive.
Back to Top