All flights operated by Ethiopian Airlines and that connect airports within Ethiopia
are eligible for this award.
Spending Miles Calculator
Specific awards are assigned to round trips and one way. Round trip applies to
2 segments flights. One way applies to 1 segment flight.
Specific Award Rules
Miles indicated on the chart are good for Award Ticket redemption. It applies
to flights that depart from Addis Ababa to a domestic airport, or arrive to Addis
Ababa from a domestic Airport. Exception is provided for redeeming Awards on flights
that are operated between domestic airports without calling Addis Ababa.
Miles indicated on the chart apply to an adult, a child and an infant who occupy
a seat. An infant without a seat travels free of charge when accompanied by an adult
who is travelling on award ticket.
There are some periods when Award Tickets cannot be used on Ethiopian Airlines
Domestic Flights. Seats for flights are subject to availability at all times. Seats
may not be available for awards even if seats are available for paid tickets.
Award tickets are ineligible for mile accrual.
Members can apply
should contact the nearest
Application and Ticketing
Application for an Award Ticket is open from 3 months to 5 days before flight
Application confirmed 7 days before departure date should be ticketed within
2 days of application for an award ticket. Application confirmed within 7 days from
the departure date should be ticketed the same day.
Waitlist is not allowed. Reservation for the entire itinerary should be confirmed.
Open tickets cannot be issued.
Taxes and Other fees
Taxes and other dues should be paid by the passenger.
- Once application is submitted, the passenger name, the name of the person
whose mile is being redeemed and the segment cannot be changed.
- Dates and Flight can be changed. Change to reservation can be made up to
4 days before the departure of the flight if the application is not ticketed.
- Dates and Flight can be changed after ticketing for USD 20.00 per change.
Silver Tier members are allowed one time rebooking after the first issuance
and Gold tier members are allowed two times rebooking after the first issuance
before flight commencement, for free.
Infants and Children
- Miles indicated on the chart apply to an adult, a child and an infant who
occupy a seat. An infant without a seat travels free of charge when accompanied
by an adult.
Validity of Award
- Awards that are ticketed are valid for 12 months from the date of ticketing.
Members can transfer an award to a third person who has been pre-nominated by the member at the time of applying for an award over the Ethiopian Airlines website, or at ET office.
- No refund for partially used Award Tickets.
- Fully unutilized Award Ticket or Upgrade may be refunded against a fee of
USD 100.00. Miles should be within the mile validity period. Expired Miles are
- Exception: Fully unutilized Award Ticket on Ethiopian Airlines Domestic
Flight should be refunded against a fee of USD 50.00
- Apply for refund at the nearest Ethiopian Airlines Ticket Office.