Earning Miles on Star Alliance Member Airlines Flights according to Flight Miles
and Booking Class
The Star Alliance network provides a comprehensive end-to-end service for frequent
flyers. Wherever you fly and whichever Star Alliance member airline you fly with,
it’s easy to earn Miles. As you earn miles and build your status, you’ll be able
to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. ShebaMiles is a frequent flyer program that
participates in Star Alliance. You only need one frequent flyer card to collect
miles from every member airline you use – ShebaMiles Membership Card.
It couldn’t be easier to build your status and start enjoying all the benefits
of the Star Alliance network, wherever you are in the world.
There are over 27 Airlines in the Star Alliance and over 1,000 destinations worldwide.
All Member Airlines recognize ShebaMiles membership cards carrying the Star Alliance
Registering ShebaMiles Membership Number on a Star Alliance Member Airlines flights
is simple. Members need to advice Reservation Registration Center of a Member Airline,
of their membership to Ethiopian Airlines ShebaMiles Frequent Flyer Program, at
the time of flight reservation. Reservation record should contain Full Name as
per Name on Passport coinciding with the Full Name on ShebaMiles Membership Account
and ShebaMiles Membership Number. Reservation confirmation shall show your ShebaMiles
Membership number and your Full Name in the reservation record.
Reaffirm Mile credit by presenting the Membership card to the check-in or boarding
agent at the time of check-in or Boarding.
- The reservation agent will only store membership number in the travel
itinerary upon the request of a member, at a travel agency office or
airline reservation or ticket office.
- Re-add Membership Number to Reservation in case of any advised change
to the original reservation or ticket because of the airline or member
- Register ShebaMiles Number at the time of Check-in or at the boarding
gate in the airport.
- When making flight transfers, please make sure to register for Mile
accrual at each airport of transfer.
- There may be cases in which miles are not accrued after boarding
even if mile registration has been completed in advance. Please keep
all necessary documents for Retroactive Registration until mileage accrual
Mile Registration Period
Membership numbers registered at reservation or check-in will reflect in membership
account on the 5th day from the date of boarding. Mile registration can be confirmed
on the Internet, at an Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Office or on an account
Eligibility for Accrual
- Miles from Star Alliance Member airlines flight are accrued miles which
are calculated by multiplying the accrual rate by each booking class and the
Base Mile for each flight segment. The accrual rate per Booking Class differs
according to each partner airline.
- An accrual ratio based on the Booking Class of flight applies for miles
- Miles will be accrued only for members who board a flight.
- Bonus miles will only be credited for applicable flights when those miles
have been credited to ShebaMiles Member Account.
- When travelling alone and using multiple seats to carry bulky luggage such
as instruments or paintings, miles will only be accrued for one person.
- If seat is upgraded including Upgrade Awards, and the difference in Booking
Class is not paid by the member, miles will be accrued based on the original
(paid booking class) booking class.
- If a seat is downgraded, miles are accrued for the boarded class.
- Free tickets and some booking classes are not eligible for mile credit.
- Under no circumstance will mile credit be granted for flights not
boarded due to delay, cancellation, etc.
- Duplicate registration of Miles with Service Partner program is
- Once miles have been credited to a Service Partner program, it cannot
be converted to ShebaMiles Miles. Conversely, once miles have credited
to ShebaMiles program, they cannot be converted to a Service Partner
- If you change or upgrade your reserved flight at the airport on
the day of your flight, miles may not be accrued automatically. Please
ensure that you keep the necessary information for retroactive registration
(original boarding pass, customer copy of ticket or itinerary receipt,
and receipt of upgrade)
Only Base Miles earned on all Star Alliance Member Airline Flights are Status
Accrual Rates by Booking Class
Please click on the link below for Star Alliance Member Airlines flights Mile accrual Chart to ShebaMiles Members
Accrual Rates by Booking Class
Mile Accrual Rates
- Mile accrual rate may vary from the list, or may not be eligible according
to the fare type of ticket and the type of code share flight.
- Accrual ratio and eligible booking classes for mileage accrual may change
without notice for some partner airlines.
- There may be booing classes and Flights ineligible for some partner airlines
based on ShebaMiles policy.
Retro Active Flight Mile Credit Request