You can register your miles with all International Ethiopian Airlines flights.
Reservations should show Full Name as per Name on Passport that coincides with the
Full Name on ShebaMiles Membership Account. Membership Number should be added to
the reservation record at the time of flight reservation. The reservation agent
will store membership number in a travel itinerary, and upon the request of a member,
at a travel agency office or airline reservation, or ticket office. Reservation
made via the website www.ethiopianairlines.com
will require the member to store membership number in the travel itinerary.
These actions should safely store your membership number in your travel itinerary.
Reservation confirmation then shall show your ShebaMiles Membership number and your
Full Name from your Membership account.
- Re-add Membership Number to Reservation in case of any advised change
to the original reservation or ticket because of the airline or member
- Register ShebaMiles Number at the time of Check-in or at the boarding
gate in the airport.
- When making flight transfers, please make sure to register for Mile
accrual at each airport of transfer.
- When connecting to an international flight from Ethiopian Airlines
Domestic flight, please present your ShebaMiles Card upon check-in to
ensure Mile accrual.
- There may be cases in which miles are not accrued after boarding
even if mile registration has been completed in advance. Please keep
all necessary documents for Retroactive Registration until mileage accrual
is confirmed. (Refer to page 28)
Mile Registration Period
Membership numbers registered at reservation or check-in will reflect in membership
account on the 5th day from the date of boarding. Mile registration can be confirmed
on the Internet, at an Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Office or on an account
Eligibility for Accrual
- Ethiopian Airlines International flight miles are accrued miles which are
calculated by multiplying the accrual rate of each booking class by the Base
mile for each flight segment.
- An accrual ratio based on the Booking Class of flight applies for mileage
- Miles will be accrued only for members who board a flight.
- Bonus miles will only be credited for applicable flights when those miles
have been credited to ShebaMiles Member Account.
- When travelling alone and using multiple seats to carry bulky luggage such
as instruments or paintings, miles will only be accrued for one person.
- If seat is upgraded including Upgrade Awards, and the difference in Booking
Class is not paid by the member, miles will be accrued based on the original
(paid booking class) booking class.
- If a seat is downgraded, miles are accrued for the boarded class.
- Free tickets and some booking classes are not eligible for mile credit.
- Base Miles and Cloud Nine Bonus Miles earned on Ethiopian Airlines International
Flights are Status Miles.
Ethiopian Airlines International flights accrue Mile as per the
Mile Chart to ShebaMiles Members.
- Under no circumstance will mile credit be granted for flights not
boarded due to delay, cancellation, etc.
- Duplicate registration of Mile with Service Partner program is prohibited.
- Once miles have been credited to a Service Partner program, they
cannot be converted to ShebaMiles Miles. Conversely, once miles are
credited to ShebaMiles program, they cannot be converted to a Service