You have now a world of opportunity in front of you to earn Miles.
- Earn Miles from scheduled International and Domestic Ethiopian Airlines
- Earn Miles from Star Alliance Member Carriers on International and Domestic
- Earn Miles from Rent-a-Car mileage
- Earn Miles from Staying at Service Partner hotels
- Earn Miles from Shopping,
Ethiopian flies to more countries in Africa than any other airline, along with
more destinations spread across Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East.
Our Star Alliance Service Partners can take you further to over 1,000 destinations
worldwide, beyond our destinations.
Each time a member of ShebaMiles flies or uses the services of Ethiopian Airlines
and ShebaMiles Service Partners, the Miles will then automatically be credited to
the individual’s ShebaMiles account. Members get their regular updates on
their accounts online (WEB), at the Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Office at
all Ethiopian Airlines Destinations or on the regular Account Statements.
ShebaMiles Members may earn two types of Miles at the same time: Base Miles and
ShebaMiles Members earn basic miles for using the eligible services of Ethiopian
Airlines or its Service Partners. Such miles are called Base Miles. Some Base Miles
are Status Miles. Programs that credit miles indicate the type of the Mile.
Bonus Miles are special Member Awards designed to Award frequent flyers as generously
as possible. Bonus Miles are issued based on Base Miles that are issued for using
the services of Ethiopian Airlines or its Service Partners. Some Bonus Miles are
Status Miles. Programs that Credit miles indicate the type of the Mile.
Bonus Miles examples
- Enrollment Bonus Miles are awarded to every new member that enrolls
to ShebaMiles upon completion of the first Ethiopian Airlines flight.
- Cloud Nine Bonus Miles are awarded to members that will fly in the
Ethiopian Airlines Business Class “Cloud Nine”.
- Promotional Miles are awarded to members that respond to special
promotions that are regularly communicated to members.
Status Mile is a Base Mile or Bonus Mile that is already credited to a member
account and is classified as Status Mile. Status Mile is a mile that determines
a ShebaMiles Membership Status called ‘Tier’.
Award Mile is the total sum of a Base Mile and Bonus Mile that is already credited
to a member account which is redeemable for an Award.
- Miles accrued are different from one Service Partner to the other.
Thus, members need to check the respective Service Partner offerings
by logging on to the ShebaMiles web page.
- Status Mile and Award Mile are different from one Service Partner
to the other. Thus, members need to check the respective Service Partner
offerings by logging on to the ShebaMiles web page.
Mile Accrual on Code Share Flights
- Code Share Flights by partner airline aircraft and crew but reserved and
boarded under Ethiopian Airlines flight number will be credited by the operating
- Miles will be accumulated for boarding on operating airline for code share
flights among Star Alliance partner Airlines even when you have made reservation
with another airlines flight number.
- Bonus miles are accrued only where the flights of airlines shown on the
boarding pass match with the airline that offers the bonus.
- Miles are valid for three consecutive years from the first year, at the
point which members undertake the relevant flight or enter into the applicable
transaction with a Service Partner. Members are duly informed in good time of
miles that are due to expire.