You can register your mile with domestic flights. Two conditions should be satisfied
to have a consistent registration of Mile from domestic flights. Full Name on reservation
should be as per Name on Passport that coincides with the Full Name on ShebaMiles
Membership Account and Membership number should be added to flight reservation.
These actions should safely store your membership number in your travel itinerary.
Reservation confirmation shall show your ShebaMiles Membership number and your Full
Name from your Membership account.
- If name on Membership Account is different from name on Passport,
the member needs to request name correction on ShebaMiles account.
- Most domestic airports may not have your reservation confirmation
at the time of check-in, therefore, please register your number at the
- When making flight transfers, please make sure to register for Mile
accrual at each airport of transfer.
- When connecting to an international flight from Ethiopian Airlines
Domestic flight, please present your ShebaMiles Card upon check-in to
ensure Mile accrual.
- There may be cases in which miles are not accrued after boarding
even if mile registration has been completed in advance. Please keep
all necessary documents for Retroactive Registration until mileage accrual
is confirmed. (Refer to page 28)
Mile Registration Period
Miles for which membership numbers are registered at reservation or check-in
will reflect in the membership account on the 5th day from the date of boarding.
Miles registration can be confirmed on the Internet, at an Ethiopian Airlines Customer
Service Office, or on an account statement.
Eligibility for Accrual
- Ethiopian Airlines domestic flight miles are accrued miles, which are calculated
by multiplying the accrual rate of each Booking Class by the Base Mile for each
- Miles will be accrued only for members who board a flight.
- Bonus miles will only be credited for applicable flights when those miles
have been credited to ShebaMiles Membership Account.
- When travelling alone and using multiple seats to carry bulky luggage such
as instruments or paintings, miles will only be accrued for one person and for
- Base Miles and Cloud Nine Bonus Miles earned on Ethiopian Airlines Domestic
Flights are Status Miles.
- No Booking Class rates apply on Ethiopian Airlines Domestic Flights.
- All Ethiopian Airlines domestic flights accrue 500 Base Miles per flight
to a ShebaMiles Member.
- Ticketed Travel on Cloud Nine Class accrue 500 Bonus Miles
- Under no circumstance will mile credit be granted for flights not
boarded due to delay, cancellation, etc.
- Duplicate registration of Miles with Service Partner program is
- Once miles have been credited to a Service Partner program, they
cannot be converted to a ShebaMiles Miles. Conversely, once miles have
been credited to a ShebaMiles program, they cannot be converted to a
Service Partner program.