Terms and Conditions
The following minimum requirements apply for enrollment in all programs:
- Completion of 10+1 or 12th grade or equivalent qualification(for Applicants from Ethiopia)
- Minimum high school completion for applicants from outside Ethiopia.
- Sitting for the entrance examination and scoring at least 50% except for
Certificate Program.(only for applicants from Ethiopia, no entrance examination applies for applicants outside Ethiopia)
- Sufficient communication skill in the English language
- Physical presence to attend all courses
- Entrance examination does not apply for applicants of Certificate Program and applicants outside Ethiopia.
Applications for all programs are received throughout the year via Ethiopian
Airlines website link Private Training Application.
- For Certificate Program
All applications for trainings should reach the office at least 10days before the commencement
of the course through e-mail at Training@ethiopianairlines.com.
- For Full Package Training Program and Basic Travel Agent Training
All applications for trainings should reach the office at least 5 days before the Entrance Examination Date. See below for details on Entrance Examination Date.
Entrance Examination Date for Full Package Training Program and Basic Travel Agent Training
- Entrance Examination will be held twice a year during the month of June and January. The last Saturday of June and January will be the examination dates. Please visit our website for the exact convening dates of the examinations.
- Examination will start at 08:30a.m (Morning) Addis Ababa local time, at the Ethiopian Aviation Academy, Ethiopian Airlines Headquarters located close to Bole International Airport.
Note: Entrance examination for the period July 2013 to January 2014 will be held on Saturday, 01 February ,2014 in the morning starting at 08:30 AM, Addis Ababa local time at the Ethiopian Aviation Academy, Ethiopian Airlines Headquarters located close to Bole International Airport.
- Entrance Examination (For Applicants from Ethiopia ONLY)
The following conditions apply for applicants from Ethiopia ONLY. Applicants outside Ethiopia need not sit for Entrance Examination and pay an entrance examination fee.
- All Applicants of Full Package Training Program and Basic Travel Agent Training Programme need to sit for an entrance examination that will be given by the Ethiopian Airlines Aviation Academy, Marketing & Ground Operations Training Center before being enrolled for training.
- Entrance examination fee of Birr 50.00 applies for Applicants from Ethiopia. This fee is non-refundable.
- Amount is to be deposited in favour of ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES at one of the following banks :-
- Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa Branch
- Bank Account No. 01720-180298-00 located next to Ethiopian Television Head Office, or
- Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
- Airport Branch
- Bank Account No. E-99, located close to Bole International Airport, near the Airport
- Applicants must produce the deposit slip on the entrance examination date in order to sit for the examination
- Applicants must bring a valid Identification Card (ID) or Passport and the bank deposit slip for payment of the entrance examination while coming for the exam.
- Examination results will be availed on the website after 20 working days counting from the examination date.
- For applicants that have successfully passed the entrance examination, payment date, procedure and training start date will be communicated through the website.
- Documents for completion of high school will be checked for those participants who have successfully passed the entrance examination.
Tuition Fee Payment
- Complete payment for the training must be made before class start date of
- Payment amounts will be advised to participants who have successfully passed
the entrance examination with all necessary details via the website of Ethiopian
- Once class is started, payment made for training is non-refundable. However,
applicant may attend the same course for which payment is made within one year
time from the date of payment subject to training and seat availability. Request
for postponement must be made in writing to the Manager Marketing & Ground
Operations Training Center.
- Before training has started, participant may request refund of amount paid
for training. Such request must be made in writing to the attention of Manager
Marketing & Ground Operations Training Center.
- If Ethiopian Aviation Academy cancels the course, payment made for training
will be fully refundable.
- Payment for training will be made at the company’s Chief Cashier office
at the Ethiopian Airlines Headquarters located close to the Bole International
- For applicants outside Addis Ababa and/or Ethiopia, payment for course can
be made at the closest Ethiopian Airlines Ticket office. Participant must collect
Receipt Voucher for payment.
- Participants must bring two passport sized picture and valid Kebele ID card
or passport and a copy of the ID or passport while coming for payment.
- Participants must bring the original receipt for payment of course on the
class starting date.
- Details on courses and course duration. For Full Package Training Programs
for Certificate Program
click here, for Basic Travel Agent Training
- Courses will be conducted at the Ethiopian Airlines Aviation Academy located
close to Bole International Airport.
- Classes will be conducted on working days.
For Basic Travel Agent Training
- Basic Reservations, Basic Passenger Fares and Ticketing and Galileo Reservations &
Ticketing courses are the three main courses that are primarily given for Basic
Travel Agent Training.
- The above courses are manual trainings (non-automated/not computer based).
After the successful completion of both class room trainings, interested participants
may proceed with an Automated training like Galileo or others as applicable.
For details on Galileo Training, please contact Galileo Ethiopia at+251-115-509732/501904.
- Basic Reservations is a pre-requisite for the Basic Passenger Fares and
- Duration of courses will be :
- 8 weeks for evening sessions: Monday –Friday (05:00p.m-8:00p.m); or
- 4 weeks if sessions are run during the day; Monday - Friday (08:00a.m-04:45p.m).
This shall be communicated when available.
|For Full Package Training|
Please see below the course details and duration of trainings. Training runs from Monday to Friday during the daytime from 08:00a.m-5:00p.m.
|No.||Course||Number of days|
|1||Basic Airline Reservations||7|
|2||Basic Passenger Fares & Ticketing ||8|
|3||Basic Cargo Skills & Procedures||7|
|4||Live Animals Regulation(LAR)||3|
|5||Perishable Cargo Handling (PER||2|
|6||Dangerous Goods Regulations (Initial 3)||5|
|7||Airline Passenger Handling ||5|
|8||World Tracer ||5|
|9||Customer Service ||5|
|10||Occupational Passenger, Ramp & Airside Safety ||2|
|11||Ramp Handling (to specific aircrafts)||5|
|12||Galileo Reservations & Ticketing||10|
How you will benefit?
1. Up on completion of the training, you will be awarded a Diploma in "Principles & practices of selling and handling international air transport services"
2. Increase your job opportunity of working in airlines, travel agencies, cargo forwarders, cargo packers & movers and ground handling companies.
|What you need to know.|
1. The training is planned to start in March 2014. Registration has already started on the Ethiopian Airlines Web site. Please see the Terms and Conditions part of this page for the requirement and application form
2. No Entrance Examination would apply for applicants outside Ethiopia.
3. Accommodation at Ethiopian Aviation Academy can be availed for applicants outside Ethiopia. There will be additional fee for this service.
4. No course can be taken individually as this is a Diploma Package.
Please send an e-mail to Mgr MarketingTraining@ethiopianairlines.com for more details.