Ethiopian Airlines today unveiled an enhanced and user friendly website reaffirming its commitment to keep up with the needs and interests of its customers.
The features of the new website include:
- Enhanced display of flight schedules
- Real time flight arrival and departure information
- Super competitive special fares are displayed in the customer's choice of home page for direct booking and ticket purchases
- All-inclusive destination tour package prices are availed for direct booking and purchases
- On-line check-in capabilities
- Revamped corporate website with country specific pages where customers can easily access country specific information.
- New feature to allow Sheba miles members to transact directly on mileage credits, redemption and access to their mileage account.
Mr. Tewolde Gebremariam, CEO of Ethiopian Airlines said, "We are delighted to enhance our website to improve our customer's experience in doing business with Ethiopian. The newly designed website will complement our global call center and Ethiopian offices around the globe to give our valued customers more choices to interact with us".
Ethiopian Airlines, one of the largest and fastest growing airlines in Africa, made its maiden international flight to Cairo in 1946 and now the Airline provides dependable services to 64 international destinations spanning five continents.
Ethiopian is proud to be a Star Alliance Member. The Star Alliance network is the leading global airline network offering customers convenient worldwide reach and a smoother travel experience. The Star Alliance network offers more than 21,000 daily flights to 1,290 airports in 189 countries.
Ethiopian is a multi-award winner for its commitment and contributions towards the development and growth of the African aviation industry and in recognition of its distinguished long-haul operations enhanced by the introduction of new routes and products. Recently, Ethiopian won Gold in the African Airline of the Year 2011/2012 Awards organized by the African Aviation News Portal. Ethiopian also received the 2011 AFRAA award for being consistently profitable over the years and has won the "AFRICAN CARGO AIRLINE OF THE YEAR 2011 Award” for its excellence in air cargo. Ethiopian also won the NEPAD Transport Infrastructure Excellence Awards 2009 and "the Airline of the Year 2009 Award" from the African Airlines Association (AFRAA).
With its acquisition of and firm orders for several new modern fleet, the airline is well positioned to pursue aggressively the implementation of its 2025 strategic plan to become the leading aviation group in Africa.
For more information about this press release, please contact:
Manager PR & Publications
Tel: (+251-11) 517-89-07, (+251-11) 517-81-65
Fax: (+251-11) 661-14-74