|Established in 1945, Ethiopian Airlines maintains modern and complete aircraft, engine and component overhaul and repair facilities. With an all-Ethiopian work force of over 750 technical personnel – most of whom are trained by the airline’s Aviation Maintenance Technicians School and are United States FAA and Ethiopian CAA licensed - Ethiopian has gained a distinguished recognition for its high standard and excellent safety record.
The base provides complete package maintenance on:
||Models MD11, B777, B767,B757,B737
|Fokker ||Model F-50
Complete repair, modification, and overhaul
Engine performance testing
A range of special process shops for parts, salvage work and modification
Non-destructive testing (NDT) with specialized inspection
- Eddy current,
- Magnetic particles and
- Dye penetrant
General Engineering Support
- Development of
- Major repair/modification
- Engineering orders,
- Maintenance programs
- Complete inspection/check work packages
- Operational Assistance through
- Aircraft performance analysis
- Engine condition monitoring
- Handling of -Technical records keeping, Technical planning functions, Reliability analysis
- Facility evaluation, development plans and recommendation.
- Technical evaluation/Damage assessment on aircraft at any location.
Line station Technical Handling
In addition to our base at ADD, we offer service at various international stations.
Mobile technical team and Crew secondment:
Experienced technician and flight crew for a short and long term assignment upon request.
Spare Parts Inventory
Exchange/lending of parts for Boeing, Fokker, De-haviland
Sale of surplus aircraft parts
Automated stores and inventory control services
The 12,000 square-meter modern engine overhaul workshop provides various levels of maintenance and repair work.
- Complete repair, modification, overhaul and testing of:
P & W Models : PW127,PW121 and PT6.
CFM Models : CFM 56-3/7
APUs : GTCP331-200
- Modular maintenance of:
P & W Models: PW4000 & PW2000
- Engine performance test:
In support of its engine overhaul facility, Ethiopian utilizes a fully equipped jet engine test stand and a two-cell modern turboprop engine test bed. The 100,000 lb thrust test cell - a capacity significantly above the current power level for wide-bodied aircraft - provides a safe environment in which to fully test overhauled engines.
- A range of special process shops such as:
- Electro-chemical plating,
- Plasma spraying and
- Vacuum furnace heat treatment
is available for parts-salvage work and modification
For further information please contact:
Director Academy Services & Administration
Mikre Ayalew (Mr.)
Telephone: (+251-11) 517 4011