|Transit Cargo Handling
- Transit cargo is handled and dispatched with efficiency using modern cargo handling equipment by experienced staff at the hub, Addis Ababa.
- Ethiopian’s newly-completed Cargo Terminals has a 14,000 m2 cargo warehouse and a mechanized cargo handling system that facilities quick turn-around time. Cargo is accepted and transited on booking and confirmation basis.
- Ethiopian provides immediate or first available connections for transit cargo.
- The uplift capacity of the belly-holds of the B767s, coupled with the capacity of the Ethiopian freighters, allows for the transport of transit cargo without delay.
- Exact location and follow-up status of shipments is relayed to shipper and/or consignee.
Air Mail & Express Courier Handling
Ethiopian provides priority-handling services for all express couriers and air mail carried on its extensive route network in Africa and destinations in Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East.
For diplomatic and normal post office mail, a special storage and expedited delivery desk, fully staffed with qualified agents, is in operation at the Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa. Transit post office and diplomatic mail distribution is handled from a transit mailroom at the ramp.