Earning Miles on Star Alliance Member Airlines Flights according to Flight Miles and Booking Class
The Star Alliance network provides a comprehensive end-to-end service for frequent flyers. Wherever you fly and whichever Star Alliance member airline you fly with, it’s easy to earn Miles. As you earn miles and build your status, you’ll be able to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits. ShebaMiles is a frequent flyer program that participates in Star Alliance. You only need one frequent flyer card to collect miles from every member airline you use – ShebaMiles Membership Card.
It couldn’t be easier to build your status and start enjoying all the benefits of the Star Alliance network, wherever you are in the world.
There are over 27 Airlines in the Star Alliance and over 1,000 destinations worldwide. All Member Airlines recognize ShebaMiles membership cards carrying the Star Alliance Logo.
Registering ShebaMiles Membership Number on a Star Alliance Member Airlines flights is simple. Members need to advice Reservation Registration Center of a Member Airline, of their membership to Ethiopian Airlines ShebaMiles Frequent Flyer Program, at the time of flight reservation. Reservation record should contain Full Name as per Name on Passport coinciding with the Full Name on ShebaMiles Membership Account and ShebaMiles Membership Number. Reservation confirmation shall show your ShebaMiles Membership number and your Full Name in the reservation record.
Reaffirm Mile credit by presenting the Membership card to the check-in or boarding agent at the time of check-in or Boarding.
Mile Registration Period
Membership numbers registered at reservation or check-in will reflect in membership account on the 5th day from the date of boarding. Mile registration can be confirmed on the Internet, at an Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Office or on an account statement.
Eligibility for Accrual
- Miles from Star Alliance Member airlines flight are accrued miles which are calculated by multiplying the accrual rate by each booking class and the Base Mile for each flight segment. The accrual rate per Booking Class differs according to each partner airline.
- An accrual ratio based on the Booking Class of flight applies for miles accrual.
- Miles will be accrued only for members who board a flight.
- Bonus miles will only be credited for applicable flights when those miles have been credited to ShebaMiles Member Account.
- When travelling alone and using multiple seats to carry bulky luggage such as instruments or paintings, miles will only be accrued for one person.
- If seat is upgraded including Upgrade Awards, and the difference in Booking Class is not paid by the member, miles will be accrued based on the original (paid booking class) booking class.
- If a seat is downgraded, miles are accrued for the boarded class.
- Free tickets and some booking classes are not eligible for mile credit.
Only Base Miles earned on all Star Alliance Member Airline Flights are Status Miles.
Mile Accrual Rates
- Mile accrual rate may vary from the list, or may not be eligible according to the fare type of ticket and the type of code share flight.
- Accrual ratio and eligible booking classes for mileage accrual may change without notice for some partner airlines.
- There may be booing classes and Flights ineligible for some partner airlines based on ShebaMiles policy.